Aya YAMANOBE is an artisan potter based in Mashiko, Japan. Born and raised in Iwaki-shi, Fukushima prefecture, Aya started playing around with clay making ceramic pieces while studying design informatics at Musashino Art University in Tokyo. Aya held her very first exhibition in 2010 and she has been a full-time potter ever since. Each piece she creates is hand painted in her studio in Mashiko. She creates an imaginary world of whimsy, full of folk like characters, flora and fauna.
– Solo Exhibition ‘Seeds of Joy’ at paper boat press (Australia)
– Store event at sunnycloudyrainy (Tokyo)
-「GO KASAMASHIKO via TOKYO 」Pottery artists fair (Tokyo)
– Akiko Kikuchi Mook Mash Home Party
– Solo Exhibition at knulpAA gallery (Tokyo)
– Solo Exhibition at Shinjuku Isetan (Tokyo)
– Created a series of plates in collaboration with Iida Kasaten Umbrella for their 10th anniversary
– Textile design for aseedoncloud 2016SS
– Exhibited original artworks for the textile created for aseedoncloud 2017SS, at HABERDASHERY (Tokyo)
-Last participation at Mashiko Pottery Fair
-Solo Exhibition at Moegi Main Store (Mashiko)
–Created a series of artworks for the book covers
-Created illustrations and ceramic wares for TETSUJIN – AUDIO VISUAL「Hello! You are Dish Jockey」
-Solo Exhibition「Merry Merry Christmas!」at Baden Baden (Tokyo)
If you would like to be notified when my pieces will be available for international orders from my retailer please send your requests using the contact form here. Currently I do not take custom orders.
For any other inquiries, please contact using the form. Thank you for your interest & support.